The Interwebs is ablaze with commentary on 25 Skills Every Man Should Know.
While I am, apparently at least somewhat a man, I really think the important list is 25 Skills Every Woman Should Know
1. Take off a bra through a shirt sleeve
2. Select the right color foundation
3. Choose the proper people to accompany you to the bathroom at the bar
4. Change purses with the seasons
5. Describe the difference between the colors "off white", "bone", and "cream"
6. Call someone to change a tire
7. Mix patterns on furniture and clothing
8. Select a trashy novel for reading at the beach
9. Keep kids busy in order to go to the bathroom alone
10. Tell the difference between real Coach purses, and, knock-offs
11. Prepare an elegant appetizer from random pantry supplies for unannounced company
12. Drive someplace unfamiliar at night in the rain
13. Respond to a child's midnight announcement of, "I have to bring 75 brownies to school tomorrow."
14. Find the nearest outlet mall
15. Discuss the differences between capris and cropped pants
17. Filch the phone number of a good babysitter from the neighbor
18. Get makeup off a cell phone screen
19. Extract the good candy from the Halloween bags without the kids noticing
20. Make him think it's his idea
21. Actually download pictures from the digital camera
22. Create 3 or more plausible reasons to "stop by Target"
23. Make store bought bake sale goodies look home made
24. Drive in the snow
25. Surprise a child by going to Sonic for a "treat" without him knowing it's because you need a Diet Coke
OK, maybe not as pertinent as the original list, but still, a sampling of some mad skillz for wimmens, no?
Recent Entries on Busymom.net:
- Dorm room planning, or not quite a college mom blog
- Summer's here
- Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Renfest
- Sing. Fly. Mate. Die.
- What do cicadas sound like?