There's a movement afoot (and by "movement", I mean a few kind souls agreed with me on Twitter, and a few other fossils have had similar thoughts) to make blogging fun again.
You know, to just write on your blog like we used to do back when we did it on stone tablets and published with smoke signals, you know, before the term "mom blogger" was a pejorative.
So, I'm going to make a concerted effort to do it like we used to, yo.
Anyway, my friend Liz over at This Full House lives in Jersey (the land of neutral accents) did a fun Accent vlog and issued a bit of a challenge to see how different things sound in different parts of the country.
I have to say that making videos isn't exactly my favorite thing to do, so this is how much I want blogging to be fun again and the things I do for Liz...
Anyway, my accent vlog:
So, there ya go. Do I talk funny?
Do I really want you to answer that?
If you want to follow along or do the Accent Vlog yourself, here are the words/questions:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
* What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
* What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
* What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
* What do you call gym shoes?
* What do you say to address a group of people?
* What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
* What do you call your grandparents?
* What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
* What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
* What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
I hope you'll join in!
Recent Entries on Busymom.net:
- Dorm room planning, or not quite a college mom blog
- Summer's here
- Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Renfest
- Sing. Fly. Mate. Die.
- What do cicadas sound like?