Comments: We gave thanks and then bought stuff

Your Thanksgiving sounds way more interesting than ours. At ours: They come, they eat, they leave and not one dead deer nor any any champagne to liven things up.

Glad you found a Van!

Posted by groovyoldlady at November 24, 2007 2:18 PM

In our family... we call that redneck hillbilly... or our Tennessee family says "oh, they are from EASTERN Tennessee." apparently, that makes a difference!

-d

Posted by -d at November 24, 2007 3:43 PM

My dear daughter said she wished we didn't have as much family. We're on "THE LIST" with MIL for not coming this year, since it was my family's turn, and my darling sister and her family were in top form. I've never heard any couple speak so harshly to each other, except for maybe my mom & stepdad ;-) I guess its hereditary, and boy am I glad that gene skipped me!

Posted by Angela at November 24, 2007 3:56 PM

Much more fun than mine, nothing dead, except the turkey, there was some adult beverages ad plenty of whiny kids!!!!

Posted by Roxanne at November 24, 2007 7:54 PM

Ha, I can relate -- I have no family on my side sans an aunt and uncle in another state that we rarely see so every holiday is a "fun" time with the in-laws...

Posted by prescott at November 24, 2007 8:26 PM

Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving! I didn't do the Black Friday thing but I really thought about it. Both of my daughters (13 and almost 9) will not get out of bed that early and the 13yo hates to shop. Can you believe that? The 9yo loves to shop but she asks way too many questions when we shop together. She still has to learn how to streamline her shopping when she's out in the black friday crowd! LOL!

Posted by Sonya at November 25, 2007 5:26 PM

I say "hurray" for rural family. I even get to boast rural family and foreign heritage!
Currently on my blog: How to Make Gritwurst