Random Acts of Wellness with Walgreen's: Get your flu shot
I know, I know...
You've never gotten the flu shot, and you've never been sick with the flu.
Please don’t fall for common misconceptions about the flu, (you won’t get the flu from the shot), it's a very serious illness, and that's a pretty big gamble to take for something that kills thousands of people each year.
The CDC recommends that everyone 6 months of age an older be vaccinated, but as always, check with your health care provider to make sure it's right for you.
October 1st is the beginning of flu season. Though the best times to get vaccinated are October and November, remember it’s never too late to do it.
Do you know someone who needs a little encouragement or incentive to get a flu shot?
Now, you can give them the gift of wellness with a Walgreen's Flu Shot Gift card.
I've been provided with 5 of these cards to give away in my community (as well as 5 cards to give away below), stay tuned to find out about the Random Act of Wellness I'm going to commit.
Prize: Enter to win one of 5 Walgreen's Flu shot gift cards (value: $35 each)
1. Leave a comment here with your best tips for illness and flu prevention.
2. 5 (five) winners will be picked randomly via Random.org from the comments.
3. Contest is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older
4. Winner(s) has 24 hours to get back to me, otherwise another winner will be drawn.
5. Hurry! Contest ends Monday, October 11 2010 at 10pm CST.
I am participating in this campaign with The Motherhood and I have been provided Walgreen's flu vaccination gift cards and compensation for my participation. No matter what you think about that, I still urge you to get a flu shot.