Hi, and a special welcome to visitors from #Free Anissa!
I'm Busy Mom, and you've found the answer to Question #1 in the Invisalign Teen Blog Hop Sweepstakes.
What is Invisalign and how does it work?
- Invisalign treatment consists of a series of clear, custom-made plastic teeth aligners used as an alternative to traditional metal dental braces to straighten teeth.
- The aligners look a bit like teeth whitening trays, but they are carefully made for just for you to shift teeth into place:
- The aligners are removable, but they must be worn at least 20 to 22 hours per day (you remove them when you eat or to brush and floss your teeth) to proceed with the treatment.
- After approximately 2 weeks (your provider will tell you, and several at a time are given to you as a series), you put in the next set of aligners and continue the process until treatment is complete.
- Invisalign is comfortable and convenient. The trays are smooth, and don't cause irritation like traditional braces can. Since they are removable, you can eat what you like, and easily brush and floss your teeth.
Busy Boy (age 15) is currently undergoing Invisalign Teen treatment (I'm part of the Invisalign Mom Advisory Board, and he received treatment for free so we would be knowledgeable about the process and could share our experiences).
He's done very well with it. I was worried that we'd have to stay on him to wear the aligners, but we really haven't had to at all. He likes that he doesn't have a mouth full of metal brackets and wires (especially important because he plays rugby). You can't really see the aligners, sometimes I even can't tell he has them in and I'll ask him where they are.
He has a little discomfort when he puts new aligners in (that's the teeth beginning to shift), it only lasts a little while, and it seems to be much less than my daughter had when she got her traditional braces adjusted.
As for how his teeth look, we are seeing a difference (he started in January, 2011), but in his particular case, he has just over a year left of treatment, so we look forward to the finished product!
Invisalign is proud to sponsor the Invisalign Teen Blog Hop Sweepstakes, hosted by the Invisalign Teen Mom Advisory Board (MAB) bloggers.
The Blog Hop takes place from April 11, 2001 through April 30, 2011, across 5 MAB blogger sites.
During the Blog Hop, each of the bloggers will post the answer to one of the top questions asked about Invisalign.
To participate, visit each blogger’s site to review the question, and then go to the next blogger’s site to collect the answer.
Enter the sweepstakes by completing an official entry form for a chance to win the Grand Prize of Invisalign or Invisalign Teen treatment or two runner-up prizes of a $100 American Express Gift Card.
Winners will be randomly selected on or before April 30, 2011 from all valid entries received.
The blog posting schedule for this contest is as follows:
4/11/11 Begin with Anissa @ Free Anissa (http://freeanissa.com): What is Invisalign and how does it work?
** 4/13/11 Elizabeth @ Busy Mom (http://busymom.net/reviews) : Is Invisalign covered by insurance? (That's me, you're here, now)
4/15/11 Linda @ Welcome to Linneyville (http://lindasellers.com): How do I know if I or my teen is a candidate for Invisalign?
4/18/11 Amanda @ Parenting by Dummies (www.parentingbydummies.com): What types of cases can Invisalign treat? Will Invisalign work for me?
4/20/11 Sugar @ Sugar in the Raw (www.sugarjones.tv): How much does Invisalign cost?
4/22/11 Anissa @ Free Anissa (http://freeanissa.com): Final conclusion
How to Enter:
1. Visit all 5 participating blogs, and read the 6 posts listed above, to collect answers to the 5 questions about Invisalign.
2. Insert the 5 answers into the entry form located here: (http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/484893/invisalign-blog-hop)
1. Send a stamped 3” x 5” postcard with the 5 answers and your name, address, and contact phone number to: INVISALIGN TEEN MAB BLOG HOP SWEEPSTAKES, PO Box 1093 Chino Hills, CA 91709.
Optional Additional Entries:
1. Tweet: “I just entered to win FREE #Invisalign treatment at http://www.busymom.net/reviews/2011/04/invisalign_teen_blog_hop_sweep.html)!” - then insert a link to your tweet in the entry form. I'm @busymom
2. Take the Invisalign Teen Self Assessment, then insert the answer you received from the assessment on the entry form.
For official rules, visit: Invisalign Teen Blog Hop Sweeepstakes
So, now that you know a little about Invisalign, visit Linda at Welcome to Linneyville for the answer to Question #2:
Is Invisalign covered by insurance?
I’m a member of the Invisalign Teen Mom Advisory Board, and my son received complimentary Invisalign treatment.