We are very hard on appliances around here, so when I was given the opportunity to review an Electrolux Nimble vacuum cleaner, I was very excited to put it to the test.
We live in an old house, so the rooms aren't huge and we have some wood flooring. I was interested in this particular vacuum because it touts "more swivel, less struggle", and it also easily switches between cleaning carpets and bare floors.
Some features of the Nimble:
- Smooth swivel steering makes cleaning around furniture easy.
- Powerful 12amp cyclonic technology provides a deep clean and provides no loss of suction!
- Unique VersaTool 3-in-1 tool cleans stairs and crevices with ease.
- Cleans carpet and bare floors faster than ever with the one-touch floor selector.
It's a bagless upright with a washable HEPA filter. It has a 30 ft long cord and weighs about 18 pounds.
The first thing we noticed is that the Electrolux Nimble is nearly ready to use right out of the box, you just snap a couple of things in and go.
Next, it really is "nimble". There's a swivel action at the base that allows you to change direction smoothly with less pulling back and forth, and you can get to hard to reach places.
And, it's (relatively) quiet! I was expecting something of this size to make a lot of noise, but it doesn't.
The wand attachment is really easy to use and releases quickly. It comes with 2 attachments. The 3-in-1 tool, the VersaTool changes shape to clean different surfaces, and a brush attachment. We do find we use the brush attachment a little more, but that may be just due to our particular needs. Also, there's built in edge/baseboard suction that really gets things clean up close.
But, what you probably really want to know is, "Does it have power"?
Yes, we've been very pleased. With pets and kids and different floor surfaces, we can really dish out the debris, and the Nimble has really handled it with a lot of power.
Be sure to check out the Electrolux Facebook page!
Would you like one, too? Enter for a chance to win!
Prize: 1 winner will receive 1 Electrolux Nimble vacuum cleaner (Value: $299)
1. (Required): Tell us (leave a comment below) what features on the Electrolux Nimble would be the most helpful to you.
2. For an extra entry: Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter (I'm @busymom)
Be sure to leave a separate comment telling me you've done so.
3. One (1) winner will be picked randomly via Random.org from the comments.
4. Contest is open to all U.S. and Canada residents 18 years or older
5. Winner has 48 hours to get back to me, otherwise another winner will be drawn.
6. Hurry! Ends August 30, 2011 at 10 pm CST
Disclosure: Electrolux provided me a vacuum cleaner for review and is providing one to give away.