You may recall I'm part of a Blogger Fitness Challenge with Omron.
I've been wearing the Omron HJ-112N Pocket Pedometer for a few weeks now with the goal of increasing my steps each day.
I've really been amazed at how much (or little) I walked in an average day. Tracking my steps makes me much more conscious of walking more and moving more in my day to day activities.
I've even been pretty consistent in reaching the recommended 10,000 steps daily! It's interesting what you can do when you concentrate on it!
My good friend, Bob Greene, answered a couple of questions for me about getting more activity in during the day.
For real, THE Bob Greene, and he was TALKING TO ME!
He gave me some suggestions for being more active when I spend a lot of the day at work or at kids' activities.
Prize: Omron Blogger Gift Pack valued at $150, which includes a digital pedometer, a heart rate monitor, an iTunes gift card, an Amazon.com gift card and a copy of Bob Greene’s book, 20 Years Younger.
1. (Required): Tell us (leave a comment below) your best tip for staying active, even on the busiest of days.
2. For an extra entry: Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter (I'm @busymom)
Be sure to leave a separate comment telling me you've done so.
3. One (1) winner will be picked randomly via Random.org from the comments.
4. Contest is open to all U.S. and Canada residents 18 years or older
5. Winner has 48 hours to get back to me, otherwise another winner will be drawn.
6. Hurry! Ends March 19, 2012 at 10 pm CST.
Disclosure: I’m being compensated to write this post by Bookieboo LLC in a blogger campaign with Omron Fitness.
BUT, WAIT! I have another contest going on, enter to win a $25 Publix gift card.