I've often said over the years that we go through a lot of orange juice in our house because I have one kid who's 97% orange juice, so I'm delighted to be able to work with Tropicana.
Tropicana orange juice is a great way to start the day or to have any time of the day. It's great on it's own, or in a smoothie or even in recipes.
We already talked about how Tropicana is celebrating it's Pure Premium juice being made from 100% Florida oranges (be sure to look for it on the label), but did you also know:
- Tropicana is the single largest buyer of Florida fruit, purchasing approximately 11.6 billion
oranges from Florida each year.
- Tropicana uses groves in 22 different Florida counties, primarily in central and southern Florida.
- The different microclimates and soil types mean that fruit reaches peak maturity at different
times, allowing Tropicana to harvest ripe fruit throughout the entire growing season.
- The two major orange types in Tropicana Pure Premium are Valencia and Hamlin. Valencias
typically have more intense color and flavor, while Hamlins can be sweeter. They each add
unique characteristics to the TPP blend.
- Many Florida growers sample oranges by cutting them into a cup shape, allowing for drinking
juice directly from the fruit.
- Tropicana’s roots in Florida go back a long way. Some of its current grower relationships date to the 1960s.
- Oranges have been grown in Florida since the 1560s, approximately 147 years before any other U.S. state.
- Oranges are actually native to Asia, with the first New World plantings recorded shortly after
Christopher Columbus’ arrival, in 1493.
Tropicana also has a new 89oz. clear package with the same orange juice you know and love, (an 8oz. glass gives you 100% of your daily vitamin C requirement) but now it's in an easier to pour container:
Be sure to visit the Tropicana Facebook page to get an up close look at Tropicana's Florida groves where many of Tropicana Pure Premium's oranges are grown.
Also, From March 19 through April 20, 2012, visit Tropicana’s Facebook page for the “Tropicana Perfect Pick” Sweepstakes.
Just "pick" two oranges off the tree to enter to win one of 100 prizes!
Prize: One (1) winner will receive One (1) $100 Target gift card
1. (Required): Tell us (leave a comment below) when or how you enjoy orange juice during your day.
2. For an extra entry: Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter (I'm @busymom).
Be sure to leave a separate comment telling me you've done so.
3. One (1) winner will be picked randomly via Random.org from the comments.
4. Contest is open to all U.S. and Canada residents 18 years or older
5. Winner has 48 hours to get back to me, otherwise another winner will be drawn.
6. Hurry! Ends April 24, 2012 at 10 pm CST.
Disclosure: I have a formal relationship with Tropicana Pure Premium as a “TropiMomma” blogger. I was compensated for this post. All opinions remain 100% my own.